5-Minute Workout: Burpees
Jan 25, 2013 02:43PM
By Bailey Hemphill
Setup & Starting Position:
- Start standing tall with feet hip-width apart (or slightly closer together).
- Squat down and reach for the ground, hands placed half a foot in front of your toes.
- With hands planted, kick feet back into push-up position.
- Complete full push-up with elbows in close to the body by resting entire body on floor.
- Hop back up into a narrow squat.
- Explode out of the squat and follow through with a nice, straight jump. Time a clap behind your head as your feet are off the ground.
Tip: If the exercise seems easy, try speeding up your movements for more of a cardio blast. Just make sure that you fully complete each movement.
Amanda Schlegel is a NSCA CSCS, CrossFit Level I coach at CrossFit Omaha. For more information, visit crossfitomaha.com.