Web Exclusive Animated Video: “How Did I Get Here”
Apr 20, 2019 03:01PM
By Doug Meigs
Otis Twelve treats Omaha Magazine readers to another delightful column in the May 2019 edition. His column features a streetcar named "Destiny." Just for fun, let's consider the six degrees of separation between that auspicious streetcar and another known as "Desire."
- Tennessee Williams wrote a play called A Streetcar Named Desire.
- A film version of the play was released in 1951.
- The cinematic version of A Streetcar Named Desire featured the actor Marlon Brando.
- Marlon Brando was born in Omaha in 1924.
- When Marlon Brando was born, streetcars were a popular mode of transportation in Omaha.
- A ride on an Omaha streetcar set in motion a series of events that would eventually lead to Otis Twelve establishing residence in the Big O.
To receive the print edition of Omaha Magazine, subscribe at omahamagazine.com/subscribe.