Omaha Home for BoysAug 15, 2018 12:46PM ● By Sponsored Content
Mission StatementThe mission of Omaha Home for Boys is to support and strengthen youth, young adults, and families through services that inspire and equip them to lead independent and productive lives.
- Books for the high school library
- New or gently used furniture and household items
- Gift cards for clothes, shoes, backpacks, or school supplies
- Ticket donations for youth to attend various sporting events, concerts, or theaters in the community
- Nonperishable household items, such as hygiene products, cleaning supplies, or kitchenwares
- New mattresses
- Household essentials, such as vacuums, bedding, and towels
- Clothes for young adults ages 14 to 24
- Essentials for children ages newborn to 5
- Imagine Our Youth Fundraising Celebration featuring J.R. Martinez Sept. 6, 2018
- T.P. the Prez Dec. 3-7, 2018
- 2019 OHB Golf Classic June 2019
BackgroundOmaha Home for Boys has served as a pillar of hope for at-risk youth across the state for over nine decades. The lives of more than 300 young men and women are changed and saved every year through their residential, transitional living, and independent living programs. Omaha Home for Boys empowers young adults with the confidence and skills needed to transition from a state of crisis to those of safety and growth.
As Omaha Home for Boys approaches its 100th anniversary in 2020, it will continue to adapt, collaborate and innovate to best meet the needs of youth and families across Nebraska.
Brag LinesThe youth who seek the guidance of Omaha Home for Boys come from a myriad of troubled backgrounds, but thanks to supporters like you, they find brighter futures through the Home.
Zack increased his reading level from that of an eighth grader to a high school senior.
Mahalia feels like her life is moving forward, not backward, for the first time.
Gabe graduated from high school and is applying for college.
Renan secured stable, affordable housing and full-time employment.
Pay it ForwardHelp shape the lives of at-risk youth through your funds, friendship, voice, and volunteerism.
Funds—A tax-deductible gift to Omaha Home for Boys will help them continue to save the lives of at-risk youth.
Friendship—Become a friend of Omaha Home for Boys by attending or sponsoring an event.
Voice—Share the reasons why you love to support Omaha Home for Boys and ask others to join you in giving.
Volunteerism—Give back through one of the many volunteer opportunities.
Omaha Home For Boys
4343 N. 52nd St. Omaha, NE 68104 402-457-7000 omahahomeforboys.org
The Big Give was published in the September/October 2018 edition of Omaha Magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.