MerrymakersAug 15, 2018 12:55PM ● By Sponsored Content
Mission StatementMerrymakers improves the quality of life for seniors by encouraging active participation, increasing social interaction, and sparking memories through professional musical entertainment.
- Monetary donations of any size
- Volunteers to serve on event planning committees
- Toast to Stephanie and Jack Koraleski Nov. 1, 2018
- Omaha Gives! May 22, 2019
- GIVE65.org July 9-11, 2019
BackgroundThe Merrymakers Association consists of 20 professional musicians who serve more than 50,000 seniors each year, traveling to 142 nursing homes, hospice houses, veteran homes and other senior communities each month.
- play music geared to the seniors’ age group, sparking fond memories
- create a comfortable environment where expression is encouraged
- provide an opportunity for socialization
- offer a genuine personal connection
Brag LinesMerrymakers consistently achieves a high level of success with its programs. Its results are quantified through annual surveys of partner facility activity directors. These surveys show that Merrymakers music:
- improves quality of life,
- decreases feelings of anxiety and/or depression,
- decreases feelings of loneliness and/or isolation,
- gives an overall increase of enjoyment and happiness,
- gives a chance to express feelings, and
- gives an opportunity for social engagement.
Pay it ForwardIndividuals can serve on event planning committees throughout the year or make monetary donations of any size. A contribution to Merrymakers is a meaningful way to support culture and socialization for senior citizens. Merrymakers has a waiting list of facilities who would like to receive our services. Merrymakers can’t achieve its mission without the support of donors and volunteers. Please contact them to find out more information about ways to help!
12020 Shamrock Plaza Suite 200 Omaha, NE 68154 402-697-0205 merrymakers.org
The Big Give was published in the September/October 2018 edition of Omaha Magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.