Heartland Family ServiceAug 15, 2018 12:57PM ● By Sponsored Content
Mission StatementHeartland Family Service’s mission is to strengthen individuals and families in the community through education, counseling, and support services. They serve more than 52,000 people annually from more than 15 locations in east central Nebraska and southwest Iowa.
- Casual and career clothing
- New underwear and socks
- Scarves, gloves, winter hats
- Diapers, formula, baby items
- Suitcases and duffle bags
- New pillows
- Bottled water/sports drinks
- Non-perishable food
- Single-serving snacks
- Craft supplies
- Bus passes
- Gift cards
- Tickets to events and activities
- 25th Anniversary Safe Haven Golf Tournament Sept. 10, 2018
- Salute to Families Nov. 15, 2018
- “Carnival of Love” Gala Feb. 9, 2019
- Strengthen Our Survivors April 2019
- Strike a Chord June 14, 2019
BackgroundSince 1875, Heartland Family Service has been creating the path to a better tomorrow for children and families. They continue that legacy today at more than 15 locations throughout east central Nebraska and southwest Iowa by providing essential services to individuals and families of all ages. This includes infants in their Family Works program to seniors in their Generations Center. The agency’s more than 50 programs fall into the following focus areas: Child & Family Well-Being, Counseling & Prevention, and Housing, Safety & Financial Stability.
Brag Lines80 percent of Heartland Family Service’s clients have annual incomes of $20,000 or less. Their staff believe in, and practice, trauma-informed care. They ask, “What has happened to you?” and not, “What is wrong with you?” to each and every client that walks through their doors. Their expert staff members and licensed therapists work with individuals and their families to help break damaging intergenerational cycles in order to become more self-sufficient.
Pay it ForwardHelp improve the lives of children and families through the gift of time, in-kind donations, or financial support:
- Join volunteer groups: To learn more about volunteering, email [email protected] or call 402-552-7418
- Purchase holiday gifts for the Adopt-a-Family program
- Attend the monthly Good Works 101 Lunch and Learn sessions
- Follow them on their social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Attend annual events
Heartland Family Service
2101 S. 42nd St. Omaha, NE 68105 402-552-7400 heartlandfamilyservice.org
The Big Give was published in the September/October 2018 edition of Omaha Magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.