Habitat for HumanityAug 15, 2018 12:58PM ● By Sponsored Content
Mission StatementSeeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- Monetary donations
- Corporate partnerships
- Construction volunteers (no experience needed)
- Office volunteers
- In-kind donations of building materials, skilled labor, and professional services
- Membership for the Habitat Young Professionals and Friends groups
- Donations of furniture, cabinets, building materials, etc. to Habitat ReStore
- Advocates for Habitat’s mission—subscribe, follow, share and engage
- Band Build: an Omaha Habitat Young Professionals Benefit April 2019
- Women’s Power Luncheon May 2019
- Brew Haha: a Beer and Food Tasting Event September 2019
- Fall Framing Frenzy September-October 2019
BackgroundTo address the need for decent shelter in the Omaha area, Habitat Omaha works in many ways: building and renovating homes, repairing existing houses, taking down blighted structures, advocating for better laws and systems, and more. They work with families to help them acquire the access, skills, and financial education needed to be successful homeowners. By partnering with Habitat Omaha, families seize the opportunity and possibility that quality, affordable housing represents.
Brag LinesSince 1984, Habitat Omaha has partnered with more than 1,400 families in the community to help address their housing issues through homeownership, home repairs, and community building activities. Thousands of donors and volunteers have worked together with future Habitat Omaha homeowners to make these services a reality, building stronger neighborhoods and creating measurable change in the community.
Pay it ForwardHabitat Omaha builds because they believe that everyone, everywhere, should have a decent place to live. With an affordable, stable home, families can build long-term financial security and have more to spend on food, medicine, child care, education, and other essentials. Community support will help transform the lives of Omaha families, allowing them to achieve the strength and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves and their children.
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha
1701 N. 24th St. Omaha, NE 68110 402-457-5657 habitatomaha.org
The Big Give was published in the September/October 2018 edition of Omaha Magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.