Quick and Easy
Feb 18, 2018 04:57PM
By Sherri Potter
This chili is a perfect chilly day recipe. Keep these ingredients on hand for busy days. No worry about thawing chicken for this recipe. Simply open a few cans, add some spices, and within 20 minutes serve a warm and hearty meal.
- Two 15-oz. cans cannelloni bean (use liquid in the can)
- One 15-oz. can chili beans (drain and rinse)
- One 15-oz.can black beans (drain and rinse)
- One 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (drain and rinse)
- One 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- One 10-oz. can chicken breast chunks in water
- One tablespoon chili powder
- One teaspoon cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine beans, diced tomatoes, spices, salt, and pepper, then mix in chicken breast chunks.
2. Bring to a simmer, turn the heat to low, and let cook 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Serve with crusty bread and a sprinkle of cheese, if desired.
This recipe was originally printed in the Winter 2018 edition of Family Guide.