Boys Town National Research HospitalOct 27, 2017 08:00AM ● By Sponsored Content
The Center for Childhood Deafness, Language & Learning serves the mission by ensuring positive outcomes for children with hearing and communication-related challenges. The services are dedicated to helping children experience the sounds and sights of the world.
The Center for Childhood Deafness, Language & Learning at Boys Town National Research Hospital has served children who are deaf or hard of hearing, and their families, for more than 30 years. The Center’s staff provides medical care, conducts research, offers clinical services, administrates educational programs, and develops outreach programs. These services are shared with individuals worldwide through innovative state-of-the-art distance technology.
- Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) is the industry standard for training and rating sign language interpreters for educational settings.
- Auditory Consultant Resource Network is an on-site and distance training resource on best educational classroom practices for children who are deaf and hard-of-hearing.
- The preschool program for children ages 3-5 who are deaf and hard-of-hearing has been modeled across the country.
- Researchers actively supported the implementation of universal newborn hearing screening for early identification of hearing loss, which is now mandated for newborns in the U.S.
PAY IT FORWARD
Donations for general operations ensures that the level of specialized care, instruction, and technology required at the Center can continue for the children and families served. Become a member of the Friends of the CCDLL to provide support on an annual basis and receive regular updates from the Center. Attend Pure Inspiration and the Memorial Day Run to see the mission at work and get to know others who support the Center. By sponsoring these events, a company gains public recognition and opportunities for employee involvement.
Donations specifically for the Center support:
- Printing costs associated with preschool documentation for outreach and dissemination
- Light tables for preschool classrooms
- Flat screen monitors for therapy observation rooms
- A new outdoor nature and art classroom
- Translation fees for a new Spanish version of babyhearing.org
- In-kind donations of auction items for Pure Inspiration Art Event
Pure Inspiration Art Exhibit & Food-Wine Pairing Oct. 19, 2017
Memorial Day Run May 28, 2018
CENTER FOR CHILDHOOD DEAFNESS, LANGUAGE & LEARNING
425 N. 30th St. Omaha, NE 68131