Flag CakeJul 01, 2016 02:32PM ● By Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
The secret ingredient to this cheesecake is whipped tofu, a fluffy substitute for cream cheese. Add berries, and you have a patriotic treat that will stand out on any Fourth of July dessert table.
Find more great recipes at HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 block (12.3 oz.) silken tofu
- 1/3 cup light vanilla soy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 low-fat graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop 1/2 cup of the strawberries. In a blender, combine tofu, soy milk, vanilla, chopped strawberries and sugar until well blended; do not over blend.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the top appears cooked.
- Slice remaining 1/2 cup strawberries. Arrange blueberries and sliced strawberries in flag design.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1/8 of cheesecake; Calories: 203; Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0; Sodium: 104mg; Carbohydrates: 31g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 4g. Yield: 8 servings