Feb 01, 2016 08:06AM
By Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
Hot sauce, blue cheese and celery transform boring cauliflower into irresistible Super Bowl Sunday party food. This easy appetizer is a healthy dish that everyone will love. Cauliflower never tasted so good.
Find more great recipes at HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup hot sauce, according to taste
- 1 Tbsp trans-fat free margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 4 celery stalks, sliced into 3-inch sticks
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the oil and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the florets in a single layer. Roast, turning halfway through cooking, for 45 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer the cauliflower back to the large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce and margarine to the cauliflower and toss to coat. Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing for dipping and celery sticks on the side.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1/2 cup; Calories: 96; Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 0; Cholesterol: 1mg; Sodium: 645mg; Carbohydrates: 10g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 3g
Yield: 4 servings