Jan 29, 2016 12:30PM
By Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
Try this healthy omelette for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A delicious way to add vegetables to your meal, this baked omelette is packed with zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, and baby greens. This quick recipe is gluten-free, too.
Find more great recipes at HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1/2 Cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup chopped baby greens (such as spinach, Swiss chard, or kale)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup egg whites (about 2 egg whites), lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, thyme, sage, or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a 4- to 6-inch ovenproof omelette pan (stainless steel or cast iron) on high heat until hot. Remove from heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Reduce heat to medium, add vegetables and sauté until caramelized, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the egg, egg whites, and milk. Add egg mixture to the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook eggs for 2 minutes without touching.
- Sprinkle herbs over top of egg mixture and bake in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until eggs set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan and serve hot.
- Nutrition Facts: Calories: 186; Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 166mg; Sodium: 398mg; Carbohydrates: 10g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 24g
Yield: 1 serving