Cranberry Nut Bread
Dec 22, 2015 12:11PM
By Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
Make this quick bread for Christmas or any time you want an easy, delicious snack. Orange juice sweetens this cranberry recipe and chopped nuts add crunch.
Find more great recipes at HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in orange juice, orange zest, oil, and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: One slice, about ½-inch-thick. Calories: 136; Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 0; Cholesterol: 11mg; Sodium: 148mg; Carbohydrates: 21g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 2g
Yield: 16 servings