Grilled Turkey London BroilNov 23, 2015 12:48PM ● By Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
Find more great recipes at HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs turkey breast, butterflied
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large cup, combine olive oil, ginger, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and scallions.
- In a large, shallow, glass baking dish, arrange turkey breast and pour marinade over it to cover. Turn turkey to coat both sides. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove turkey from marinade. Season turkey with the salt and black pepper.
- Grill the turkey 8 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the turkey breast registers 165°. Let turkey rest for 5 minutes before slicing.