Sep 04, 2015 05:29PM
By Rachel Joy
This article appears in the Sept. 2015 issue of Her Family.
The Half Camel stretches the front of the body, strengthens the back, stimulates abdomen and neck organs, and fights fatigue, anxiety, and backaches.
- Kneel with toes tucked.
- Gently pull belly towards spine, and lengthen tailbone towards the ground.
- Lengthen the spine by reaching the crown of the head towards the sky.
- Engage the thigh muscles by hugging ankles towards one another.
- Let the shoulder blades roll down the back and open through the chest and collarbones to allow your arms to hang outside of the thighs.
- Inhale deeply, and as you exhale, begin bending the upper back and gently reach the right hand towards the right heel.
- Raise your left hand towards the sky and actively reach with the fingertips.
- Let the crown of the head gently fall back towards the ground without straining your neck.
- Breathe deeply and repeat five times.
- Keeping everything engaged, inhale and gently roll up to a neutral position, head comes up last.
- Repeat opposite side.