Jan 19, 2015 08:00AM
By Kristen Hoffman
Valentine’s Day has always felt backwards to me. My idea of romance looks more like hiking through the woods rather than a heart-shaped box of chocolates and a teddy bear (not that I’ll ever turn down chocolate). So you can understand the eye-rolling that occurred as I researched Valentine’s Day DIY projects earlier this month. After scrolling through a sea of cutesy pink construction paper, I didn’t see a thing that I would be proud to put my name on. So I decided to ditch the frilly love letters, and bring out the gold and glitter for a glam V-Day photobooth environment.
- Colored paper
- Scissors/ Blade
- Cutting board
- Large cardboard box
- Spray adhesive
- Hole Punch
- Choose your colors. Since I’m not one for red and pink, I picked out three large pieces of paper in white, beige, and brown.
- If you are doing this with kids, you can draw hearts and cut them out with scissors. If it is just you, do what I did and draw the hearts with a blade. With this many hearts to cut out, it will save you a lot of time.
- Lay out a few of the hearts on a large cardboard box, or something to protect your floors. I would recommend doing this step in your garage or in an area that has ventilation. Apply spray adhesive and sprinkle glitter on each heart. Let dry, flip, and repeat on other side. The spray adhesive evenly coats the paper, and keeps it from warping while drying.
- Punch holes in all the hearts. Holes don’t have to be in one place. Punching holes in different places on the hearts will cause them to hang in whimsical ways.
- Cut about 4-5 feet of string, and tie a few hearts to each string.
- Hang strings from the ceiling in front of a blank surface, and you’ve got yourself a perfect photobooth for your Valentine’s Day party.
Tip:Be very careful when transporting these bad boys. They tangle easily, and we all know tangles lead to profanities. You don’t want to look up to see every other mom in the room with their jaws on the floor, covering their child’s ears. Keep cool and keep organized