Omaha in the Palm of Your Hand
Oct 24, 2014 09:00AM
By Dana Markel
So it’s no surprise to hear that more than 40 million consumers have used their phone to figure out and plan their next vacation.
The VisitOmaha mobile site has seen explosive growth in just the last two years. In 2011, a little more than 11,000 visited the mobile site. Last year that number grew nine-fold to almost 200,000.
To answer the growing mobile demand, the VisitOmaha site is now enhanced with new user-friendly features including:
- Yelp reviews providing the visitor access to independent restaurant recommendations.
- Intuitive mapping features that allow visitors to search for what’s nearby.
- A comprehensive calendar of events making it easy for users to find out what’s going on in Omaha.
- An online booking engine, which provides visitors the ability to search a variety of Omaha hotel options all at once and then book directly with the hotel of their choice. This feature also allows users to view hotel availability two months at a time so they can compare rates surrounding their selected dates—all from their cell phone.
- The VisitOmaha mobile site is also a great resource for locals, providing them with an easy way to find new places to eat and different things to do.
Dana Markel is Executive Director of the Omaha Convention & Visitors Bureau. Questions or comments? Email the Omaha CVB at [email protected]