Turtle PowerOct 21, 2014 09:00AM ● By Jillian Humphries
Though there are costume shops as far as the eye can see, they can be quite pricey. Even supermarkets can ask a little too much for a piece of fabric and a mask, just so that your child can have the same outfit as 10 of his or her classmates.
In light of this predicament and the recent debut of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, here is a DIY that is sure to impress.
Tools to become a ninja:
- Two paint brushes, small and large
- Black and green acrylic paint (acrylic is easiest to fix mistakes with because it dries quickly and it’s opaque)
- One can of a medium-tone green spray paint
- One blue felt square (we created Leonardo. Feel free to substitute other color).
- One aluminum-roasting pan (some have rounded edges. We opted for grooved).
- One adult cardboard shirt form
- One piece of thick brown ribbon or old leather belt
- Velcro and green felt strips