Just Do It!
Aug 13, 2014 09:00AM
By HerFamily Staff
Big box home stores have a nice selection of legs for projects like this one, but we went with wooden balls sourced from a hobby store. Just be sure to use the ones that have a flat surface shaved off of one end of orb. You’ll also notice that there is already a pre-drilled hole in the wooden ball that will come in handy later on.
Interested in a more contemporary vibe? Mirror the same design with a '60s-era, brightly hued cosmetic case in Barbie pink, powder blue, or avocado green.
What You’ll Need:
- Luggage of your choice
- Stain or paint (we used stain) for the legs in a color that will compliment the luggage
- Four wooden balls from a hobby store
- Four wood screws slightly larger than the pre-drilled holes of the legs
- Measuring tape
- Epoxy-style adhesive
- Measure and mark the positions of the legs.
- Drill a pilot hole through the bottom of the luggage at the center of each leg.
- Stain or paint the legs the color of your choice.
- Apply the adhesive to the flat surface of the wooden balls just before screwing them into place from inside the luggage piece.