Get Organized Today
Jul 23, 2014 09:52AM
By Kristen Hoffman
Is there too much clutter in your office? Since an office space is a place where you usually spend the greater portion of your day, it’s important to make it as comfortable as possible. The following steps will help you be more organized and clutter-free at the office:
- You’ve Got Mail Resist the urge to check your email every time it alerts you. Instead, set specific times to check your email throughout the day or even turn off your email for a while. Focus on the task at hand versus constant multi-tasking.
- Me Time Schedule appointments with yourself. Use your calendar and schedule appointments with yourself to complete tasks and focus on certain projects. Don’t let yourself be interrupted. Set reminders in your calendar to keep on track of your personal and professional goals.
- De-Clutter Learn how to purge all the “stuff” you don’t need. Ask yourself, “When was the last time I used this?” Recycle it or pass it along to a co-worker.
- Do It Now Are you a procrastinator? It usually happens because we avoid the tasks that are not as fun. Deal with it. Use your priority list to make sure the most important things are done first, whether you like it or not.
- Prep Work At the end of each day, spend a few minutes getting organized for the next day. Review your calendar, gather any information you need for meetings, clean up your desktop and create a to-do list for tomorrow.