Blueberry Banana SmoothieJun 26, 2014 09:00AM ● By Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
For more healthy recipes, visit HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parenting about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup ice
1. Cut banana into small pieces and place in blender.
2. Add the milk, yogurt, and honey. Blend on lowest speed until smooth, about 5 seconds.
3. Gradually add blueberries while continuing to blend on low.
4. When blueberries have been incorporated, add ice. Increase speed and blend to desired consistency.
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 smoothie. Calories: 161, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 0, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 72mg, Carbohydrates: 35mg, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 3g.
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutes to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content.