: Total Body
Feb 21, 2014 10:00AM
By Katie Anderson
This exercise is all about the whole body working together to strengthen core stability and balance. Keep flow in mind: Breathe with the movements and keep your body fluid. That means no locked knees and a strong back that doesn’t sag.
- Stand upright with feet together. To keep your inner thighs tight and engaged, place a rolled up hand towel between them. Remove it but keep your thighs tight as though they were still holding the towel in place.
- Place a band under one foot and hold an end in each hand.
- Bring the “banded” foot up so the knee is at 90 degrees.
- Extend your raised leg out behind you, reaching your arms forward.
- Return to your starting position.
- Kick the same leg forward in front of the body, as straight as you can, while curling your biceps.
- Continue steps 1-6 for 5-10 reps, alternating legs. Strive for flowing, synchronized movements.