Breakfast Banana Bread
Feb 13, 2014 08:30AM
By Katie Anderson
Ingredients (Yield: 14 servings)
- ½ cup (1 stick) margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- With a hand mixer, beat margarine and sugar in a bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat about 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the margarine mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla, sour cream, and bananas; mix to combine. Stir in nuts, if using. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
*Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content.
For more healthy recipes, visit HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.