Rice Krispies Treats (with a Twist!)Jan 20, 2014 02:20PM ● By Katie Anderson
Did you know that you can make Rice Krispies treats without marshmallows? No empty calories here! Creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, and honey give this kid-friendly snack a high-energy boost.
Ingredients (Yield: 16 bars)
- 6½ cups Rice Krispies® cereal
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp trans-fat free margarine
- Lightly coat a 9x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and raisins. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe container, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, honey, and margarine and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies mixture. Stir to coat the cereal and raisins.
- Using your hands, press mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, covered.
- Cut into16 bars. Keep bars refrigerated.
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content
For more healthy recipes, visit HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.