Tips for Black Friday
Nov 26, 2013 08:00AM
By Lyndsey Hrabik
Black Friday is the day right after Thanksgiving and also marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. Retailers open their doors as early as 4 a.m., offering tremendous “door buster” sale prices to crowds of anxious bargain hunters. In order to ensure shopping efficiency, make a list of what you need at which stores, as well as each store’s opening times. Then plan accordingly.
Here are some tips to make your Black Friday a little easier:
- Use the buddy system. By shopping in groups, you can have a friend wait in line while you go back for something on their list. Or one of you can run to get refreshments.
- Use store maps to plot out which departments you need to hit and how to move between them.
- Don’t be distracted by items that will throw off your budget or time constraints.
- Remember that you should still be on guard for potential thieves. Be mindful of where you store your finds and know that people may be watching. Also, never leave your purse or wallet unattended.
- Check out sites like blackfriday.com that offer online ads and deals for major stores like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Target.
- Know your limits. Set a realistic budget with a little room for flexibility. If you saved some here, you can spend it there.