Nov 14, 2013 02:20PM
By Katie Anderson
This quick and easy project will shed new light on any vintage, past-its-prime or attic-dwelling lamp!
- Using a good painter’s tape, protect the base and any other part of the lamp that will retain its original finish.
- Rough up the surface a bit with sandpaper to make painting easier, or select a type of paint that works best for the lamp’s surface.
- Paint away! I chose a hammered-metal brown for a dramatically different vibe.
- Once the paint is dry, carefully remove the tape.
- Choose a lampshade. I decided to go with a contrasting style, one that introduced additional coloring and texture. You can even mix and match shades from your existing lamps.