Light and Easy Chicken SaladJun 20, 2013 11:12AM ● By Bailey Hemphill
When the summer heat is on, light and easy tend to guide the menu. This healthy salad recipe is lower in fat and calories than traditional chicken salad. Crunchy walnuts and sweet red grapes enhance the taste and deliver a nutrient boost.
Ingredients (yield 6 servings)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
- ½ cup quartered, seedless red grapes
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped cloves
- 2 tsp tarragon
- black pepper to taste
- red leaf lettuce leaves for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Let cool.
- Chop chicken into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except lettuce leaves and toss to combine well. Serve on lettuce leaves.
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content.
For more healthy recipes, visit HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.