Oreo TrufflesJan 25, 2013 02:47PM ● By Bailey Hemphill
Oreo Truffles (makes 3.5 Dozen)Ingredients:
- 1 (16oz) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8oz) packages semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Melt chocolate in an uncovered pot on low heat. Use rubber spatula to stir and break up chunks.
- Crush 9 cookies to fine crumbs in a resealable plastic bag, and reserve for later use. Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs in a resealable plastic bag, and place in a medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese to crushed cookies in bowl and mix until well blended.
- Roll cookie mixture into approximately 42 balls (about 1” in diameter).
- Dip balls in chocolate, and use two forks to lift from pot (to allow excess chocolate to run off). Place on wax paper-covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs on chocolate balls.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
Milky Way MartiniIngredients:
- 1½ cups ice cubes
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2oz vanilla-flavored vodka
- 2oz white crème de cacao
- 2oz Irish crème liqueur
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
- Chill a martini glass by filling it with ½ cup of ice and cold water.
- Place 1 cup of ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Pour the vanilla-flavored vodka, white crème de cacao, and Irish crème liqueur over the ice in the cocktail shaker. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Dump the ice and water from the martini glass and drizzle chocolate syrup inside the glass.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass to serve.